Smile is the best gift you can ever give to yourself. But for that you have to have some routine set with respect to your dental care. Many of the adults feel like they have the best knowledge about their dental hygiene.
Practicing proper oral hygiene methods is important for everyone. Most importantly, dentists recommend brushing your teeth twice a day and for at least 2 minutes time and rinse your mouth before going to bed.
Intake of tea, coffee, tobacco or other stain-causing stuff is harsh for your teeth. Brushing and flossing are two main important things to learn. But, many people do not know specific things about their proper oral health.
Here are some handy dental tips for our readers.
- Dentist recommends brushing your teeth after every meal, but it is not possible to carry toothbrush everywhere you go, therefore, sugar-free gum and toothpicks are the best alternatives to it.
- As we grow old, our teeth grow too. Calcium-enriched foods and drinks should be taken to make your bones and teeth strong. Calcium-enriched foods include milk, yogurt etc.
- Fruits such as apple can be eaten as a cleanser. It naturally cleans your teeth.
- Hard food such as ice, popcorn kernels should carefully be eaten as it may damage your teeth.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months maximum time or when the bristles went down.
- Intake of sugary food and drink may harm your teeth as sugar turns into acid immediately and can cause tooth decay.
- Water is gem for your teeth. It has fluoride which strengthens your teeth and makes your teeth more resistant to acid.
- If your gums bleed after brushing, it is a clear sign for you to visit the dentist.
- As said before, toothpicks or sugar-free gums should be used after the meal. But if none is available, rinse your mouth with water.
- Many of the adults go for the cosmetic dentistry without improving their personal grooming habits. Make sure you check your habits before you spend money.
Hope this helps in bringing back the smile on your face. If you need to discuss anything about your dental health please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to serve you.