No one ever plans on experiencing a dental emergency; however, dental emergencies can happen at any time, and for that reason, it is important to know what to do if you are faced with one. Dental emergencies can be stressful and scary, so it is important that you have a plan of action to minimize the amount of stress you experience should you have to deal with a dental emergency.
Find an Emergency Dentist
One of the first things you should do to prepare for the case of a dental emergency is to find a dental office in Sherwood Park that offers emergency dental care near you. One of the easiest ways to do this is to ask your friends and family about their recommendations for emergency dental clinics in your area. If you don’t have a family member or friend that has experienced a dental emergency, you can also perform a quick Google search to find dental clinics in your area that offer emergency dental services. Read through the reviews to see which dental clinic is right for your needs.
Here are some criteria you should consider when looking for an emergency dental clinic near you:
• Quality of service
• Number of services offered
• Training and credentials of dentists
• Insurance policies
Prepare Your Dental Insurance
If you have dental insurance, it is less likely that you will worry about paying for the cost of a dental procedure, and you won’t hesitate to visit a dental clinic when you are experiencing a dental emergency. Make sure that your chosen emergency dentist has your insurance policy and can direct bill to them.
Types of Dental Emergencies
In order to prepare for a dental emergency, you must be aware of what constitutes a dental emergency. In short, anything that requires immediate medical attention is considered a dental emergency. Here are some common dental emergencies that we often see at Aspire Dental:
• Toothache- the pain from a toothache can be sharp and piercing, and if not promptly treated, can quickly worsen. If you are experiencing a toothache, you can hold a warm cloth to your cheek to ease the pain until you can get to a dental clinic near you.
• Broken or chipped teeth- teeth that have been chipped or broken can almost always be saved if you visit an emergency dentist as soon as possible, and in the meantime, save the broken pieces of your tooth in a glass of milk.
• Knocked-out tooth- if you have lost a tooth, bite down on some clean cloth to stop bleeding and save the tooth in a container of milk. If you visit Aspire Dental immediately, we can save your tooth and place it back in your mouth.
Other dental emergencies include a broken jaw, lacerations in your mouth, and a suddenly darkening tooth. In the case of any dental emergency, you must get a dentist as soon as possible. They can evaluate the extent of your injuries or infection and provide treatment as soon as possible.
Visit Aspire Dental
No one expects a dental emergency to happen, but it is important to be prepared should one occur. Our team at Aspire Dental is happy to provide you with emergency dentistry in Sherwood Park. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to visit our team of dedicated dental professionals. We will work with you to efficiently and calmly address any dental emergency you may have. Contact our team at Aspire Dental to book a consultation today!